The lipstick laws


Title:The lipstick laws
Author:Amy Holder
pages:240
publication date:April 4 2011
publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt







Review:
The lipstick laws is the typical mean girl’s story, in fact it’s a stereotype of what high school is actually like. Even though it’s not as original as some books, I still loved it.

We have the “Queen bee” Britney Taylor, the unpopular April Bowers and the ever so cute and adorable Mathew Brentwood. April bowers is the girl that nobody sees, she’s invisible to her peers. Then one day in dreaded gym she has to partner up With Britney, the she-devil. They both don’t want to be gym partners but have no choice.

Britney never acknowledged April but soon Brittany is being welcoming and wanting April to join their secret group “The lipstick laws” April didn’t want to be part of it at all, but then they warmed up to her and she agreed to join.

Because April was hanging out with Brittany and her followers she became popular. She was no longer invisible; she would finally be able to get up the courage to ask out Mathew without complete humiliation. But of course Britney tries to steal Mathew away from her, and it worked, so she thought……..

April breaks one too many rules and is kicked out of “The lipstick laws” she then finds a couple of girls who were dumped from “The lipstick laws” group and joins an anti-group. They make plans to get even with Brittany and it all doesn’t go as they thought it would.

April learns it’s not always good to get even. Thankfully she didn’t act stupid and do it.

This book reminded me of something that I read before, but I still loved it! I can never get enough of reading rocky romances, mean girls and an overruling Queen bee.

Overall, beautiful cover, it was such a funny witty story, a fine break from the paranormal dystopian books that I’m always reading.

4/5 stars

4 comments:

Myranda said...

I really want to read this it sounds really good! I love the cover. And your right about needing a break from the paranormal stuff.

Aydrea said...

I have been wanting to read this one. Your review makes it sound like it is a fun read!

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

I've had a copy of this for awhile, thanks for reminding me why I wanted to read it.

(\___/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

Denise Z said...

I have not read the Gone series; in fact, this is the first I have heard of it. Thank you for bringing something totally new to my attention.

Post a Comment


up