Exposed



Exposed is a raw emotional book written in verse, I had no idea what this book was about when I first started reading it. I was drawn in by the cover of the book.

Liz and her best friend Kate have a sleepover and they end up in a fight. The next day Kate won’t talk to Liz or even go near her. She has no idea why. The fight wasn’t that bad and she apologized. Finally Kate tells Liz why she doesn’t want to be friends anymore, Kate has accused her brother of committing an awful crime, that she knew didn’t happen. She confronts her brother, asking him for the truth, he tells a totally different story, whose story does she believe?

Liz loves photography; she hides behind her camera all hours of the day shooting brilliant pictures. But when her brother is accused of a crime, she loses her photography eye. There’s no longer any emotion in her pictures.

If this book wasn’t written in verse I don’t think I would have liked it that much, it was a quick emotional read that left me wondering, and the book got to the point of the emotional stress that Liz was trying to deal with.

I recommend this book anyone and everyone. Although this is a hard subject to read about or even write, this book is extraordinary.

4/5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up