The Iron Queen


“The Iron Queen” is third book in the Iron Fey series, and boy was it a good one!

Throughout the whole series Meghan has gotten stronger and stronger, when I first started the series I used to think of her as weak and whiny. Now I can say that she has grown into a warrior. She definitely showed off her strength and power in the Iron Queen.

A couple of things that did annoy me in this book were Ash’s moods. Don’t get me wrong I am team Ash all the way, but it was like, one moment he was all love and rainbows and then the next second he was icy and guarded of all his feelings, throwing a pity party for himself.

I was very disappointed with the ending. I don’t want to give anything away but it was just frustrating. I now have to wait till November to see what happens next. “The Iron Knight” is also in Ash’s perspective. We can all get to know him just a little bit better in this one.

For some reason it took me forever to get done with book and I don’t know why because I love this whole series, I found out that 2012 that Julie kagawa is coming out with a new series. I don’t know if I’m going to like it since I’m so used to reading about fairies, but I’m going to give it a try.

Anyways Meghan sacrificed a lot in this book, if I were her I don’t think I would be able to do half the things she did. While I was reading it, I kept thinking about myself in her position. I wouldn’t be that strong. She not only had to defeat the Iron king once before but she has to defeat the false Iron King.

Overall this book was very exciting and had a lot of action in it! I can’t wait for the next one in the series, coming out in November.


4/5 stars

5 comments:

mamabunny13 said...

Good review, thanks!

Unknown said...

Good review, this one is on my to-read list. :)

Myranda said...

I agree with you! I love Ash, but his moods bothered me. I still love Julie's writing, and I can not wait to read her other series!

Anonymous said...

I've heard a lot of great thing about this book. Too bad I can't find a copy here in the Philippines. But this is still included in y buying list. Maybe I'll get the set at book depository someday.

Sakira said...

I'm so glad that there's going to be a fourth book. AND THAT IT'S GOING TO BE FROM ASH'S PERSPECTIVE. I love Ash. Go Ash!! His mood swings did bother me, but I like how Meghan has grown stronger from the last books. She can defend herself now and make big decisions. It was so heartwrenching when she sacrificed her relationship with Ash to protect the realms. I can't wait to read the fourth book!!

Kris

Post a Comment


up