Invincible


Title:Invincible
Author:Sherrilyn Kenyon
pages:420
Publication date: March 22 2011


Summary:
Just when he thought things couldn’t get any worse...

Nick Gautier’s day just keeps getting better and better. Yeah, he survived the zombie attacks, only to wake up and find himself enslaved to a world of shapeshifters and demons out to claim his soul.

His new principal thinks he’s even more of a hoodlum than the last one, his coach is trying to recruit him to things he can’t even mention and the girl he’s not seeing, but is, has secrets that terrify him.

But more than that, he’s being groomed by the darkest of powers and if he doesn’t learn how to raise the dead by the end of the week, he will become one of them...



Review:

Invincible didn’t satisfy me as much as Infinity did. I felt like it was lacking something, maybe it was because I didn’t think there was as much action in it as the first one in the series.
I didn’t hate this book though, the book flew by in hours and I was hoping for some awesome twists, and there were some. The only thing about ending with a cliffhanger is I didn’t remember what happened at the end of Infinity.
It’s hard to imagine what it would be like to be in Nick’s shoes. He is only 14, his life is out of control and his life was a mess. In the last book he helped take down an army of brain eating zombies, which just so happened to be the football team at his school, and in Invincible he is trying to solve the mystery of his evil coach. There was a lot of mystery, and sometimes I was in suspense waiting for something to happen.
I still can’t get over the fact that he’s only 14, I think the author should have made him to be at least 16 or 17. I don’t know how he could get around all the supernatural parts of his life and still go to school as a regular kid and not tell him mom what’s going on. I would be super tired all the time.
I loved Nick’s charming, sarcastic, witty personality along with the close relationship that him and his mom have, All in all a great book to read.
I would advise reading Infinity first though; otherwise you will have no idea what’s going on. I also heard that the characters from the chronicles of Nick series are also in another series she wrote, the Dark Hunter series. I will definitely have to check those out!
I can’t wait to see what she has planned in the third book in the series (Infamous) coming out February of 2012.
3/5 stars

1 comments:

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

I have both books in this series and can't wait to start it.

(\___/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment


up