Starcrossed



Starcrossed
Author: Josephine Angelini
Pages: 514
Publication Date: May 31 2011






Summary:
How do you defy destiny?

Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.

As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.



Review:
I have read some good reviews and some bad reviews and I went into this book thinking that it wasn’t going to be that good, I can’t possibly think of words to describe how amazing this book was.
I’m a sucker for forbidden romance, or any romance for that matter. This book was so different yet so amazing! I found myself becoming trapped in the world of demigods and mortals, trapped inside the story and as I read the book I wanted to figure out more and more of what was going to happen.
And then an unbelievable twist comes along and I just want to throw the book across the room and never look at it again….but that would be book abuse and I wouldn’t dare do it no matter how frustrated I get. Then I read on and learned the truth and the deceit ugh it made me want to punch something or somebody.
I was expecting something horrible to happen because when the book first came out I read everyone’s reviews and status’s  and I knew that at some time or another some twist was going to come and I wasn’t going to like it. Well that twist came and went and I am highly anticipating the next novel. I need to invent some kind of time machine.
The only thing I didn’t like was the whole Greek Mythology thing. I know nothing about Greek Mythology and while learning some of it in this book I found myself wanting to skip over some of the parts, I didn’t but I don’t remember anything about it.  There was a lot of history involved in Starcrossed and I did become confused at parts. I can’t imagine being Helen, having to learn all that at once.
And while I did love the story and characters there was one character that I didn’t feel connected to, and it was Helen. I think that the author should have picked a different name for the main girl, I don’t know but whenever I try to picture Helen, I always pictured her as kind of an older lady. And I’m not saying this to be rude to anyone but every time Helen’s name came up I just couldn’t picture her as this beautiful goddess of a girl, it was always an older lady. Mostly I think because of one my relatives name is Helen and I kind of picture her but I just couldn’t picture Helen for the life of me.
This isn’t really that great of a review mainly because it’s hard to put this book into words, I loved it, it was amazing, there were some frustrating parts but  I got over that and I am going to the bookstore the second the next book in the series comes out!

4.5/5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up