My life undecided



My Life Undecided
Author:Jessica Brody
Pages: 296
publication date: June 7 2011






Summary:
PLEASE READ THIS! MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Okay, maybe that was a bit melodramatic, but I’m sorry, I’m feeling a bit melodramatic at the moment.

Here’s the deal. My name is Brooklyn Pierce, I’m fifteen years old, and I am decisionally challenged. Seriously, I can’t remember the last good decision I made. I can remember plenty of crappy ones though. Including that party I threw when my parents were out of town that accidentally burned down a model home. Yeah, not my finest moment, for sure.

But see, that’s why I started a blog. To enlist readers to make my decisions for me. That’s right. I gave up. Threw in the towel. I let someone else be the one to decide which book I read for English. Or whether or not I accepted an invitation to join the debate team from that cute-in-a-dorky-sort-of-way guy who gave me the Heimlich Maneuver in the cafeteria. (Note to self: Chew the melon before swallowing it.) I even let them decide who I dated!

Well, it turns out there are some things in life you simply can’t choose or have chosen for you—like who you fall in love with. And now everything’s more screwed up than ever.

But don’t take my word for it, read the book and decide for yourself. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll scream in frustration. Or maybe that’s just me. After all, it’s my life.



Review:
I have had this book on my list and sounded so good, plus I could relate because this book was all about Brooklyn’s blog, as a fellow blogger I was excited to read it, then it showed up in my mailbox mysteriously. I know it came from a publisher but I had no idea why I got it. But I’m not complaining.
I read it and loved it but I felt like there should have been more parts about her blog, there were pretty many parts but I think it would have been better if there would have been more blog parts.

Brooklyn always makes the wrong decisions, and then she ends up in jail, when she gets out her parents ground her for life, but before she is grounded she creates a blog, posting about decisions in life. What book should she pick for English class? Should she join the debate team? Should she go to this one club? All those are questions she asks her fellow blog followers, they then vote for which decision she should make.
All I have to say is that she got a lot of followers really quick, soon everyone from school is talking about this mysterious blog and what should happen next. Then she has to make the ultimate decision should she go out with this guy that is one of those guys that know they are handsome or a nerdy guy who seems to have a crush on her, she asks her blog! Why would she do that!!!
I feel like somebody who can’t make their own decisions no matter how bad they are at making them should be treated like a kid. I don’t feel like they should have the responsibility of doing adult things if they can’t make their own decisions in life.
Thankfully she figures that out by the end of the book, I feel like she should have been older, she’s only 15 and she’s tossed between two guys, what has happened to our society.
This is a super cute, fast paced book and I love the cover of the book, so simple yet it’s perfect. This is the second book of Jessica’s; I can’t wait to read what she has in store for use next!

4.5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up