Ashes, Ashes



Ashes,Ashes
Author: Jo Treggiari
pages:341
publication date: July 1 2011






Summary:

A thrilling tale of adventure, romance, and one girl's unyielding courage through the darkest of nightmares.

Epidemics, floods, droughts--for sixteen-year-old Lucy, the end of the world came and went, taking 99% of the population with it. As the weather continues to rage out of control, and Sweepers clean the streets of plague victims, Lucy survives alone in the wilds of Central Park. But when she's rescued from a pack of hunting dogs by a mysterious boy named Aidan, she reluctantly realizes she can't continue on her own. She joins his band of survivors, yet, a new danger awaits her: the Sweepers are looking for her. There's something special about Lucy, and they will stop at nothing to have her.




Review:
I have never been disappointed with a dystopian novel yet, each one is different and original and I love the dystopian genre very much.

Lucy is a loner, she is one of the lucky who hasn’t died from the black plague, everyone in her family had died, she’s all alone, living in the woods, with a homemade shelter, minimal food and water, and lives each day to the fullest, knowing that any time she could die.

Then one day she meets Aidan, she is instantly irritated at his “cool” behavior, she smells like she just crawled out of the sewer while he smells like soap. Aidan saves her life from wild dogs, he tells her he lives in a place called “The Hell Gate” she sees the water at the river rising higher and she knows that a tsunami is coming. She gathers her stuff and heads off to The Hell Gate. There she finds Aidan and many others living in tents and getting by way better than she had.

While she figures out what to do next she stays, while she is there “sweepers” come and raid there area, they take some people each time they come. But the one person they are looking for is Lucy, even though she doesn’t know it yet, Lucy is special, they’re out for her blood.

Every time I read novel like this, I always wish I could communicate with the characters or help them in some ways, it would be awesome to be able to actually interact with the characters while I’m reading about them.

I’ve had “Ashes, Ashes” for awhile now just sitting on my desk and now I finally finished, I really wish I would have read this sooner. I should know better, I always hold off on the really awesome books.

This book was suspenseful and full of action and romance, I did predict the betrayal of a certain character, but I was just as confused as Lucy and Aidan about Dr. Lessing, was she good or evil? If you want to know the answer to this question, go out and pick up a copy of it!



4/5 stars

3 comments:

LoveOfBooks said...

Nice review :-)I got this as an audible book, and its the 1st audible book I've tried. Not sure if I'm liking this format or not. I may just end up buying the book.

Amy @ Turn the Page said...

I like your review - I've been umming and ahhing about just buying this one already! I think I really need to just get it lol!

Susan said...

I think the blurb on the front cover of this book actually gives a little too much information, which makes the betrayal pretty predictable. I hate that! I didn't love this book, partly because of that, partly because I wanted more from it. Oh well. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Post a Comment


up