Redheart




Redheart
Author: Jackie Gamber
pages:275
publication date: April 6 2011





Summary:
Enter the lands of Leland Province, where dragon and human societies
have long dwelled side by side. Superstitions rise sharply, as a severe
drought strips the land of its bounty, providing fertile ground for the
darker ambitions of Fordon Blackclaw, Dragon Council Leader, who
seeks to subdue humans or wipe them off the face of the land.

As the shadow of danger creeps across Leland Province, a young dragon
named Kallon Redheart, who has turned his back on dragons and
humans alike, comes into an unexpected friendship. Riza Diantus is a
young woman whose dreams can no longer be contained by the narrow
confines of her village, and when she finds herself in peril, Kallon is the
only one with the power to save her. Yet to do so means he must confront
his past, and embrace a future he stopped believing in.

A tale of friendship, courage, and ultimate destiny, Redheart invites
readers to a wondrous journey through the Leland Dragon Series.





Review:
It took me forever to get through RedHeart. I am reviewing it per author request and I was almost going to quit 100 pages in, but I didn’t want to let the author down so I kept trudging through. It took me a couple weeks and many books later to read through the first half of the book but…..
After I got through the first half of the book I flew through the last half, the first half of the book got 1.5 stars but by the end of the book I rated it 3.5 stars. I really loved it and can’t wait to read the second book in the series.
One thing about this book though is how Riza seems like a teenager, I forgot if they said her age but there was this other guy who gave her a place to stay and everything and then he fell in love with her and the way they described him in the book was old with some gray hair and beard. It kind of grossed me out, because she was so young and he was so old, and then Kallon the dragon fell in love with Riza, it just seemed like Riza attracted the wrong kind of Males.
I was glad to be able to dive into the fantasy land of dragons; you usually don’t see a lot of dragon books out there, I did enjoy this book once I got into it and I hope that if you decide to read RedHeart you get past those 100 pages and finish this great fantasy novel
3.5 / 5

1 comments:

Deirdra A. Eden said...

You have a fabulous blog! I'm your newest follower. I’m an author and illustrator and I made some awards to give to fellow bloggers whose sites I enjoy. I want to award you with the Best Books Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
~Deirdra

Post a Comment


up