Abandon




Abandon
Author: Meg Cabot
Pages: 304
publicatin date: April 26 2011





Summary:
Though she tries returning to the life she knew before the accident, Pierce can't help but feel at once a part of this world, and apart from it. Yet she's never alone . . . because someone is always watching her. Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

But now she's moved to a new town. Maybe at her new school, she can start fresh. Maybe she can stop feeling so afraid.

Only she can't. Because even here, he finds her. That's how desperately he wants her back. She knows he's no guardian angel, and his dark world isn't exactly heaven, yet she can't stay away . . . especially since he always appears when she least expects it, but exactly when she needs him most.

But if she lets herself fall any further, she may just find herself back in the one place she most fears: the Underworld.





Review:
Like Sarah Dessen, Meg Cabot creates captivating stories that leave you breathless.
Abandon was nothing like what I thought it was going to be.
I had my doubts about reading “Abandon” mainly because I heard it was about mythology. I do not like learning or reading about anything mythology and when I heard what this book was about I was disappointed. I read and loved every single Meg Cabot book and I didn’t want to be disappointed with this one.

Thankfully I wasn’t, I wanted more and more of Peirce and John.
Abandon was a retelling of the old story of Persephone and Hades, I never read or heard of that story before so reading this wasn’t familiar to me but I loved every second of it. The characters that Meg created were so real and full of love and mystery. Peirce was sweet and caring; she cared for everything, animals, and people and always put others before herself, trying to save animals that are drowning or hurt.

John was mysterious, sexy and has a full temper. He was what kept the story going for me. He really did care for Peirce and his loving side was just so tempting I had to keep reading. I devoured Abandon in a few hours, now I must wait a long and agonizing year for the next one.

I really liked Richard Smith and Alex. Richard seemed like he was an evil character but he wasn’t, in fact he was very helpful to Peirce. I am so glad that he found the necklace and not someone else. As soon as John threw the necklace in the cemetery it made me so mad, if she wouldn’t have gotten I would have had to put the book down for awhile.

Meg Cabot created a great start for her trilogy and I can’t wait for the second book to come out!




5/5 stars

1 comments:

Amy @ Turn the Page said...

I cannot wait to read this book but they keep pushing the publication date back over here! Its driving me nuts! >(

Great review! :D

Post a Comment


up