City of Fallen Angels



City of Fallen Angels
Author: Cassandra Clare
Pages: 424
publication date: April 5 2011






Summary:
'He does make me happy,' Clary said. 'But he can't control everything in the world, Mom. Other things happen—' she fumbled for words; how could she explain that it wasn't Jace making her unhappy, but what was happening to him, without revealing what that was?" "In a world where everything went away from him eventually, she was one of the few remaining constants." Except for teasers, the fourth installment of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments romance fantasy has been strictly embargoed, leaving us clutching for word clues. A teen series that keeps readers on tenterhooks.




Review:
Wow, after reading City of Fallen Angels I just am speechless. Not only do I not know what to say in my review but I feel terrible for the life Jace to have, give poor Jace a break. There’s always something happening in his life, never a dull moment that’s for sure.

But Jace did annoy me in this book more than others, He still thinks he doesn’t deserve Clary; it just annoys me when he gets into his brooding moods where he thinks he is undeserving of Clary and that the thought of being without Clary is the worst thing that could happen to him blah blah blah. He needs to realize that there meant to be together no matter what comes between them and if he keeps acting distant and undeserving he’s not going to be with her much longer. Another thing is he knows Valentine is not his father but he insists he has some Valentine in him. Ugh I’m just venting here.

Other than the usual Jace life, COFA is full of action, drama and suspense. I literally feel like strangling some of the characters for their stupidity. But I fall in love with the characters every book, there are some new characters and some old ones that come back…..to life.

Each time I read one of Cassie’s books I get lured into the fantasy world wanting more and more. Each time another book comes out her characters get easier and easier to understand. The characters get deeper and you can’t help but become addicted to reading about each of their lives. That’s what I love about getting to read everyone’s POV. It’s so interesting reading and getting into the minds of the characters.

I love the surprising twists that she delivers in each of her books especially COFA, none of her characters are perfect. In fact she likes to create a world where everyone suffers, leaving emotional messes.
The romance in this book, not only between Jace and Clary but between all the other characters is so profound, it almost feels personal reading the sizzling romance scenes, and I can’t get enough of it.

I have to give major props to Cassandra, this trilogy turned into a series; she has an amazing and creative imagination to be able to make a trilogy into a six book series, thanks for such a great series!

4/5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up