Sharks & Boys




Sharks&Boys
Author: Kristen Tracy
publication date:June 28 2011






Summary:
When 15-year-old Enid Calhoun follows her boyfriend Wick to Maryland for a party, fearful that he might be intending to cheat on her, she finds herself sneaking on board a houseboat where Wick and his friends plan to have a wild night. But before the boys discover their stowaway, a hurricane strikes, and the teenagers are carried miles from the shore and shipwrecked. What follows is a harrowing, yet heartwarming, story of survival, as the teens battle hypothermia, dehydration, man-eating sharks--and along the way, confront their own deepest secrets, including their catalytic roles in the disaster.




Review:
After I finished reading this book, it really made me thankful for fresh water and a warm safe bed.

I literally could not stop reading this book because I wanted to know what would happen next. This book was so suspenseful and I almost wished I could reach into the pages and hand them each a glass of water and some food.

This book starts out with Enid and wick, making decorations for a cake and getting into a fight, they decided to take a break after dating for a year. Wick then decided to go to a party that his friends were having. Sort of a celebration before going off to college, the party consisted of wick and three sets of twin brothers and then Enid’s twin brother. All of them twins, all of them best friends, except for Enid, she was the only girl.

Enid didn’t trust Wick; she thought he was going to cheat on her while he was away. So she left her mom and drove to the party, she then followed the all the boys to “Gretchen”. Gretchen was a boat that skate and burr’s uncle owned. Enid snuck on the ship and hid in the bathroom down below the deck.

Suddenly she woke up to the boat rocking back and forth. There was a major storm and water was coming down the stairs and water was slowly coming up to her ankles. Next the window opened and water started streaming in. Soon enough the ship was sinking with everyone in it. All eight of them jumped overboard and got onto a raft.

They thought the Coast Guard was coming. But three days out at sea with no water, no food, the sun shining down on them, leaving welts on all there exposed skin, and sharks swarming around them they were all doomed. Everyone thought they were going to die.

What I liked about this book was that there were some emotional and gruesome parts. The book wasn’t all happy, with rainbows and puppies. There were deaths, emotional breakdowns. Some parts I almost didn’t want to keep reading because I almost felt the pain they were in. But I voyaged on, and soon enough I was at the end. I really did enjoy this book though.

*spoiler alert*

The only thing I didn’t like was the ending. It didn’t end with a cliffhanger, but it didn’t say what happened after they got into the plane. I’m assuming everyone made it up to safety alive. I would have loved to read what happened when their parents saw them or what happened when they made it home. I was going hoping for that ending. Maybe the author is working on an alternate ending. I hope so!

Anyways, this was a great book so if you haven’t read it, and you want to take a break from paranormal books then dive into Sharks & Boys.


4/5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up