Forever




Forever
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Pages:400
Publication date: July 12 2011





Summary:
The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater

In Maggie Stiefvater's SHIVER, Grace and Sam found each other. In LINGER, they fought to be together. Now, in FOREVER, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.





Review:
I honestly wish I would have like “Forever” better than I did. I was very disappointed with the last book in the “Shiver” series.
*Warning there are some minor spoilers in my review*
I loved the first two books but why didn’t I like the last book?  I felt like the pace was very slow I had to stop and do something else and then come back several times till I was finished reading it. The first 200 pages didn’t really have much of a point, just talking about emotions and thoughts from previous books.
In the beginning Sam was trying to find Grace after she had changed into a wolf and it just made me very annoyed that she hid from him and didn’t come out to him. I felt like the emotions were lacking from their relationship, there isn’t that normal spark that I see from both of them.
Isabella is still stubborn as ever and closes herself off to Cole and everyone who tries to reach out to her. I felt that there should have something should have been resolved between Grace and her parents. Of course her parents thought she was dead but she did come back to them, and her dad acted like a jerk towards her. Even after the book finished Grace and her parents didn’t resolve their problems. I think that Maggie should have wrote something about Grace and her parents finally putting their anger for each other to the side and try to work things out.
No matter how much negativity I wrote in the beginning of the review I did like the book.  My favorite character was Cole, which is surprising since in the last book I thought he wasn’t that great of a character. There was a lot more of Cole and I understood his character better.
I do have to say though that the last 60 pages were full of action and adventure and it had my heart racing at times. The pages flew by at the end. This was a pretty good ending to the Shiver series and I can’t wait to read Maggie’s new series coming out soon!
I am sad to see this series ending; Hopefully Maggie can create a short story of what happened in the future for the Mercy Falls wolves
3/5 stars  

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up