Born at Midnight



Born at Midnight
Author: C.C.Hunter
Pages: 400
publication date: March 29 2011






Summary:
One night Kylie Galen finds herself at the wrong party, with the wrong people, and it changes her life forever. Her mother ships her off to Shadow Falls—a camp for troubled teens, and within hours of arriving, it becomes painfully clear that her fellow campers aren’t just “troubled.” Here at Shadow Falls, vampires, werewolves, shapshifters, witches and fairies train side by side—learning to harness their powers, control their magic and live in the normal world.

Kylie’s never felt normal, but surely she doesn’t belong here with a bunch of paranormal freaks either. Or does she? They insist Kylie is one of them, and that she was brought here for a reason. As if life wasn’t complicated enough, enter Derek and Lucas. Derek’s a half-fae who’s determined to be her boyfriend, and Lucas is a smokin’ hot werewolf with whom Kylie shares a secret past. Both Derek and Lucas couldn’t be more different, but they both have a powerful hold on her heart.

Even though Kylie feels deeply uncertain about everything, one thing is becoming painfully clear—Shadow Falls is exactly where she belongs…




Review:
Wow, amazing, suspenseful, beautiful, well written are all words to describe C.C.  Hunter’s amazing book.  My favorite book of 2011!
I have been waiting for this book for quite awhile, suddenly it shows up in my mailbox totally forgetting I signed up for it in an ARC tour. I couldn’t get enough of “Born at Midnight”.
I started it last night and finally had to put it down at 3:00 in the morning, I didn’t want to stop but I knew that if I wanted to function the next day I would have to get some sleep. I woke up and immediately started where I let off and finished it off in a few hours.
Boy does Kylie have a screwed up life. Her parents are getting divorced, her nana, who she was very close to, just died, she sees ghosts and then her mom ships her off to some supernatural camp, can’t get any worse than that.
Kylie gets caught at a party where there are drugs and alcohol and her mom ships her off to a camp that’s supposed to be for troubled teens, but come to find out that it’s a camp for the supernatural, all kinds, Werewolves, vampires, fey, shape shifters and witches. She learns that she has some kind of “gifts” but no one can read her and find out what she is. The whole book is her trying to figure out what she is and find her place.
There is a definite love triangle between two hot supernatural boys at camp and Kylie, then there’s Kylie’s ex-boyfriend who wants her back, so it’s really a love rectangle?
All in all a very creative plot, I really liked the idea of all the different supernatural’s all together at camp. From the beginning when Kylie thought everyone was a freak till the end where she learned to learn about what her gifts may be instead of denying it.  
I really wish there was an option to give a book more than 5 stars because this book deserves it. I hated though that after I was finished reading it we still don’t know what Kylie is, plus I really wanted to know what Lucas wrote in the letter to Kylie, and unfortunately that’s all going to be in the next book that comes out 2012.

5/5 stars

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Great review! I have this one but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I'll have to get to it soon :)

Cait said...

aha I give books 6/5 stars sometimes...:P I'm so glad you liked this book, I found it really enjoyable, but kylie got on my nerves for most of the book. Looking forward to the sequel.

The Cait Files

Cory K said...

I've been hearing mixed things about this. But great review! Im glad you liked it. Don't be a stranger; stop by my blog and say hi! I'm not sure if we're fellow followers, but I follow you!

Looking forward to hearing back from you,
Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

Denise Z said...

What a wonderful read - thank you for sharing today.

Post a Comment


up