The Implosion of Aggie Winchester


Title:The Implosion of Aggie Winchester
Author: Lara Zielin
Pages: 278
publication date: August 4 2011







Summary:
Sixteen-year-old Aggie Winchester couldn't care less about who's elected prom queen–even if it's her pregnant Goth-girl best friend, Sylvia Ness. Aggie's got bigger things to worry about, like whether or not her ex-boyfriend wants to get back together and whether her mom will survive cancer.

But like it or not, Aggie soon finds herself in the middle of an unfolding prom scandal, largely because her mom, who is the school's principal, is rumored to have burned prom ballots so Sylvia won’t be elected queen. Aggie's own investigation makes her wonder if the election could be dirty on both sides.




Review:
I am very glad I could read this on an ARC tour. I absolutely loved it. It was a brilliant and dramatic read that’s for sure.

Aggie’s mom is the principal at her school, which makes her life a living hell. When they were younger she used to be friend Tiffany, the popular cheerleader, then something happened and she became an instant leper. Tiffany made sure that Aggie didn’t have any friends at all. That’s how Aggie became friends with Sylvia. Sylvia is the school Goth, been best friends ever since, that us until Sylvie announces that she’s pregnant.
After that everything spirals out of control.

Sylvie gets elected to become prom Queen as a joke, after that the whole school blows up. Rumors are flying, friendships are tested, relationships are coming and going and no one knows what to believe.

Half the school is voting for Sylvie while the other half is against it because she’s pregnant. Neil made me very mad; I hate those types of guys who think they can just use girls like that and just dispose of them after their bored of them. Pregnant or not pregnant I just wanted to punch Sylvia, she made me so mad, and she was such a jerk to Aggie.

I really like the different names in the book like “Aggie” and “Fritz”. I started this book and and 2 hours later I realized I had finished the book. It was a book with a touch of reality that was great from start to finish.

4/5 stars

3 comments:

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

Great review. I can feel all the teenage angst :)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful blog. I am a new follower. I would love a follow back on my blog when you have a moment. I cannot wait to read more. I think I agree with you - offer me a chocolate milkshake and I'm there until the last drop! lol Donna
http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

bookworm1494 said...

thank you Alexis :)

Donna- Thanks for following me, I really appreciate it, I'll be over at your blog in a second!
lol

Post a Comment


up