Ditched: A Love Story




Ditched: A Love Story
Author: Robin Mellom
Pages: 288
publication date: January 10 2012





Summary:
High school senior Justina Griffith was never the girl who dreamed of going to prom. Designer dresses and strappy heels? Not her thing. So she never expected her best friend, Ian Clark, to ask her.

Ian, who always passed her the baseball bat handle first.

Ian, who knew exactly when she needed red licorice.

Ian, who promised her the most amazing night at prom.

And then ditched her.

Now, as the sun rises over her small town, and with only the help of some opinionated ladies at the 7-Eleven, Justina must piece together — stain by stain on her thrift-store dress — exactly how she ended up dateless. A three-legged Chihuahua was involved. Along with a demolition derby-ready Cadillac. And there was that incident at the tattoo parlor. Plus the flying leap from Brian Sontag's moving car...

But to get the whole story, Justina will have to face the boy who ditched her. And discover if losing out at prom can ultimately lead to true love.

Filled with humor, charm, and romance, Ditched: A Love Story by debut novelist Robin Mellom will have readers dreaming of love on their own prom nights.



Review:
Ditched is such a fast paced lovable book. The crazy characters really brought the story to life and it was so easy to picture Justina in the 7- Eleven telling her story of her crazy night at prom.
I loved reading Ditched, it was so easy to get into the story and really get the characters, I don’t think I have ever had a love hate relationship for a character before.
The whole time Justina was telling her story of how Ian ditched her at prom I just went back and forth between loving him and hating him. One minute I thought he was so sweet and loving and the next minute I just wanted to bash his head in. My emotions were everywhere.
I don’t think anyone has EVER had as bad as a night as Justina. It’s hard to think that her crazy story happened all in one night. I will never complain about having a bad day again that’s for sure. If I were her I would have been so embarrassed with her dress and matching accessories and then when all the questionable stains got on it. She is one tough girl.
Even though this story is very unrealistic, I loved every second of it. I can’t believe the turn of events that happened. It was like a drama rollercoaster, each and every character in the book played a huge part and brought the book together nicely although I would have liked to read more about her best friend. I completely forgot about her by the end of the book.
Ditched is a fun loving and  crazy prom story that you won’t forget!

3.5/5 stars

1 comments:

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

Haha! I think the dress on the front cover screams that she had a bad day :) Awesome review!

Post a Comment


up