Dark Souls



Dark Souls
Author: Paula Morris
Pages: 288
publication date: August 1 2011






Summary:
Welcome to York, England.
Mist lingers in the streets.
Narrow buildings cast long shadows.
This is the most haunted city in the world. . . .

Miranda Tennant arrives in York with a terrible, tragic secret. She is eager to lose herself amid the quaint cobblestones, hoping she won't run into the countless ghosts who supposedly roam the city. . . .

Then she meets Nick, an intense, dark-eyed boy who knows all of York's hidden places and histories. Miranda wonders if Nick is falling for her, but she is distracted by another boy -- one even more handsome and mysterious than Nick. He lives in the house across from Miranda and seems desperate to send her some sort of message. Could this boy be one of York's haunted souls?

Soon, Miranda realizes that something dangerous -- and deadly -- is being planned. And she may have to face the darkest part of herself in order to unravel the mystery -- and find redemption.




Review:
Dark souls is a captivating ghost story with a whole lot of mystery. I didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I read the plot awhile ago and though this sounds really good, and then I got an ARC of it to review, I didn’t get to right away but when I found myself disappointed.
I don’t know why I didn’t like the story, there was a slight bit of romance until the guy went crazy, and there were lots of action and above all a big mystery to be solved. What I loved about this book was that I was able to solve the mystery before she did, I didn’t see all the signs but I did figure it out.
This book held my attention, and by the end I was biting my fingernails waiting to see what would happen next but I was unsatisfied. I felt like there should have been more to the ending, I would have liked to see what happened to Nick, I wonder if there was a happy ending between them.
I am not a big fan of Ghost stories, for once I don’t believe in ghost, if I did I would drive myself nuts, especially because my house is inside of a cemetery and there is dead people surrounding my house. This paranormal ghost story was different though. It was such a unique plot. I feel like when I read paranormal stories about vampires and werewolves and demons, it just seems like all the stories are similar but this was one was different than all the other ghost stories.
Paula did a good job creating a unique and creative ghost story and the cover is just absolutely beautiful. Is this a standalone book?

3/5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up