Patchwork Reality Review







 Patchwork Reality: Happily Married to a Schizophrenic



Title: Patchwork Reality
 Author: Pauline Hansen
 pages:132
publication date:February 11 2014




Summary: Through a series of dreams and delusions, Curtis Hansen becomes convinced that he and his wife, Pauline, are part of an intricate game devised for the entertainment of wealthy onlookers. To win, the couple must stay together despite a series of temptations and trials designed to break up their marriage. After playing “The Game” with Curtis for nine arduous years, Pauline makes a shocking discovery. Read the riveting, true account of her decade in the dark and her return to reality after Curtis is diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.




Review:



WOW! This book is so intense.
Patchwork Reality is a true story about what is was like being married to a Schizophrenic. This book is written by the wife and told by her point of view of what her marriage was like. 

This book started off with them falling in love and their honeymoon period. Her husband showed no signs of Schizophrenia yet but slowly the signs started showing up. 

First off, I would just like to say how understanding and patient this woman was. Her husband slowly started going crazy, having all these bouts of paranoia.  Honestly, I have no idea how I would have reacted in this type of situation.

Her husband wanted to do so many crazy things, and it damaged their lives and still she loved him so much that she went along with anything he said. Of course she didn’t know what was happening with her husband but I’m sure she had to know something was wrong. 

I really give props to her for putting up with everything her husband did and said. It broke my heart at times to hear the things she went through. 

Every day people get diagnosed with Schizophrenia and it must be so hard to put up with times. I know that if I really loved someone like she did I would put up with it as much as she did. I didn’t have as much as an understanding before reading this book as I do now. I’m really glad I got to read about her hardships and understand better.

3/5 stars

1 comments:

Jazmen said...

I love the sound of this one. I may have to check this one out.

Post a Comment


up