Death's Academy Review





Title: Death's Academy
Author: Michael Bast
Pages:247
Publication date: January 14 2104












Summary: The Death’s Academy entrance exam for Midnight Smith is quickly approaching. There’s just one problem: Midnight is the worst exam taker the academy has ever seen. If Midnight wants to ever step foot inside the school, he’ll have to join forces with the hated Guardian Angels, and together face the deadliest creatures in the world—the dreaded Unicorns. Becoming a Grim Reaper has never been more hilarious!


Review:

I don’t usually read or review middle grade novels but when I was asked to review this book I couldn’t say no. The summary sounded different and I wanted to give it a try.

Death’s academy was fast paced and has such a different take on the good vs. evil that we are accustomed too.

This book is about a boy named midnight who wants to get into Death’s Academy, which is a school that when you turn 12 you can take an exam and continue schooling their and learn how to be a grim reaper. Midnight knows he is going to fail his exams and from the very beginning he slacks off and goes against the rules to train to get in. And then the adventure begins.

At first I wasn’t too sure about this book, I’m usually read books with more mature characters that I can relate too and I had a difficult time connecting with any of the characters because they were so young. But as the pages turned I got more and more into the story.

This book had such a different twists on characters, like grim reapers aren’t evil beings, and angels aren’t perfect. But what I loved most about this book was the unicorns. They were the evil characters in the story and you would never think of having unicorns as evil creatures. But Michael Bast did a good job of twisting the plot.

While I only gave this book 3 stars. I really did love this book, the beginning was a little slow but once you got past that the real adventure began and you were trapped in a thrilling adventure of midnight and his friends.

3/5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up