Wonderstruck



Wonderstruck
Author: Brian Selznick
Pages: 639
publication date: September 13 2011






Summary:
Set fifty years apart, two independent stories—Ben's told in words and Rose's in pictures—weave back and forth with mesmerizing symmetry. How they unfold and ultimately intertwine will surprise you, challenge you, and leave you breathless with wonder.

Ever since his mom died, Ben feels lost.
At home with her father, Rose feels alone.

He is searching for someone, but he is not sure who.
She is searching for something, but she is not sure what.

When Ben finds a mysterious clue hidden in his mom's room,
When a tempting opportunity presents itself to Rose

Both children risk everything to find what's missing.

With over 460 pages of original drawings and playing with the form he invented in his trailblazing debut novel, The Invention of Hugo Cabret, Brian Selznick once again sails into uncharted territory and takes readers on an awe-inspiring journey. Rich, complex, affecting and beautiful, Wonderstruck is a stunning achievement from a uniquely gifted artist and visionary.


Review:
I can’t believe that Brian Selznick came out with another book! I was so excited to find out that another title of his was coming out soon. I was thankful to be able to get an ARC of it and I’m just as love with this one as I was The Inventions of Hugo Cabret.
Wonderstruck was so uniquely written and put together. There are the pictures and then words. Ben’s story is told in words and Rose’s in pictures. When I heard that that it was about two different people set 50 years apart I didn’t think I was going to enjoy it as much.
I think I loved it more than if it were all one story. I thought it was so amazing that he wrote about two different characters in two different times and it went together so smoothly. It all ran together smoothly and beautifully.
I have to give Brian major props; he put so much dedication and time into creating Wonderstruck. It took him 4 years to get this all together.
Even though this book had more than 600 pages, I completed it in a couple of hours. I was trapped inside the book and I loved every second of it. Even though these books are in the younger reader’s category, I think that kids and adults of all ages will enjoy this book. I’m now reading this to my younger brother and he loves it.

4/5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up