Awake at Dawn





Awake at Dawn
Author: C.C. Hunter
pages: 383
publication date: October 11 2011





Summary:
Now that she’s settled in at Shadow Falls Camp, Kylie Galen’s determined to discover the extent of her supernatural abilities. But with a ghost insisting someone Kylie loves is about die, a rogue vampire on a murdering rampage, and her sixth sense telling her someone is watching her, Kylie’s quest for answers is quickly put on hold.

To make matters worse, just when she’s about to give her heart to Derek, a half-fairy, he starts pulling away. When Lucas, a werewolf with whom Kylie shares a secret past, returns, Kylie’s feels more conflicted than ever. Her weekend with her mom should have been the just the break Kylie needs, but it turns out to be her breaking point. Someone from the dark side of the supernatural world has plans for Kylie--and it'll take all her resources to get back to Shadow Falls alive...




Review:
I am in love with the first book in this series “Born at Midnight” I just could not get enough of it. I had to have the second one. So when I got an ARC of the second one it took everything in me not to run out the middle of the street skipping and singing at the top of my lungs. That’s how much I loved the first one.
I immediately dug into the second one eager to start off where the first one started, but I had never been so disappointed in my life. I don’t know why I didn’t enjoy it as much. Maybe I was too excited for it, or maybe the first one was just too good ;)
In the first one we had that delicious love triangle where you were rooting for your favorite boy, but I felt like the boys were lacking in this book. I didn’t feel like there were enough of them. It was all focused on Kylie, and it lacked passion and that love triangle that we had in the first one.
And there wasn’t as much mystery in the second one. The second one pretty much solved all the mysteries of the first one and I thought that some of the mysteries should have stayed mysteries till the last book.
Awake at Dawn was a bit slow at time, then we would get to a faster paced part and then it got slow again. I am not just hating on this book, I did like it, just 50% less than the first book.
C.C. Hunter is a brilliant author, and even though this was a little disappointing, I am still highly anticipating the next book in the series. Can’t wait to see what unexpected twists will come next.

3/5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up