Outside In



Outside In
Author: Maria V. Snyder
Pages:326
publication date:March 1 2011






Summary:

Me? A Leader? Okay, I did prove that there's more to Inside than we knew. That a whole world exists beyond this cube we live in. And finding that led to a major rebellion - between worker scrubs like me and the snobby uppers who rule our world. Make that ruled. Because of me, we're free. I thought that meant I was off the hook, and could go off on my own again - while still touching base with Riley, of course. He's the one upper I think I can trust. But then we learned that there's outside and then there is Outside. And something from Outside wants In.




Review:

After reading “Inside out” more than a year ago, I remember the cliffhanger at the end. Books with cliffhangers really annoy me. “Outside in” couldn’t come out fast enough.

Finally I got my hands on a copy thanks to Harlequin teen! I couldn’t read it fast enough. Unlike most books I read, they don’t have that much action in it, or it’s missing the suspense. The inside out series has both of those things and trust me, it’s never lacking.

As I’m reading I try to think of what will happen next, but just when you think you’ve figured it out, and unsuspecting twist happens and you’re thrown into a frenzy. Maria can write one heck of a story that’s for sure.
What I noticed is there is a lot of detail but not enough when it comes to some of the characters. For me it was really hard for me to truly capture what Trella, Riley and especially Bubba Boom looks like. I had the hardest time picturing Bubba Boom. I kept picturing his as a middle aged man. And then when he started showing signs of liking Trella I became kind of disgusted, but then I remember that he’s just a little bit older than Trella.

I love Trella. She is the most fierce, brave, badass girl character in all of YA. She gets thrown so many curveballs, so much pain, yet she keeps on going and does the unthinkable. She risks her life for everyone, even her enemies.

As I’m writing this review I contemplate what to write. It’s hard to write down exactly how I feel about this book. Not only do I love this series so much, but I love imagining Trella as myself as she’s on her adventures. (It’s incredibly stupid of me, I would probably never even be able to live five minutes of her life) but its fun to insert yourself in a book character sometimes. (Is it just me? Or do other people do it to?)

Anyways, if you like books full of mystery, suspense, drama and romance, then you need to go out and buy this series immediately. Maria has become of my favorite YA authors, I haven’t gotten to read any of her other series but they are definitely going on my to-read pile.

By the way….. Maria, if you are reading this, you better be writing a third book! I want to know what happens next!!

5/5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up