The Vampire Stalker


The Vampire Stalker
Author: Allison Van Deipen
pages:272
publication date: June 1 2011







Summary:
What if the characters in a vampire novel left their world--and came into yours?

Amy is in love with someone who doesn't exist: Alexander Banks, the dashing hero in a popular series of vampire novels. Then one night, Amy meets a boy who bears an eerie resemblance to Alexander. In fact, he IS Alexander, who has escaped from the pages of the book and is in hot pursuit of a wicked vampire named Vigo. Together, Amy and Alexander set out to track Vigo and learn how and why Alexander crossed over. But when she and Alexander begin to fall for each other, Amy wonders if she even wants him to ever return to the realm of fiction.



Review:
I wish this book would have lasted just a little bit longer; I fell in love with every last word.
Like most of us we pine for that new book to come out, we count down the days till the next book in the series will finally be here, we wait for a book that has an annoying cliffhanger at the end AGAIN……
Amy and her friends have been waiting for just that, they have been waiting for the second book in “The Mists of Otherworld” series, like most book obsessed girls, Amy has been in love with the main character Alexander banks, the vampire hunter. Amy didn’t just love Alexander, she was obsessed.
While Amy was walking home from getting her book one night a blond blue raced in front of her and tried to attack her. Thankfully another blur whisked the man away just in time. Amy looked up at the person who had just saved her life and gasped in surprise. He looked exactly like Alexander in “The Mists of Otherworld” book. But that was impossible, or so she thought.
As Amy and Alexander got talking she finally realized that he was the real deal, he wasn’t just some crazy fan that looked and dressed just like him. Since Alexander wasn’t from her Chicago, but really from a different reality Chicago, he had nowhere to stay and nowhere to go. So she offered the incredible looking guy to sleep on her couch.
The only thing is, Alexander wasn’t the only one who came through the portal to come to Amy’s world, so did Vigo the killer vampire, Alexander’s worst enemy. Alexander had to find some way to kill Vigo before he hurt more innocent people.
As Alexander and Amy worked together on how to locate Vigo things between them changed. Amy just wasn’t in love with his character; she actually was falling in love with Alexander, the living, breathing guy in front of her. As the hunt continues more is at stake, more people are getting killed and the media has no idea what’s going on.
I read a review where someone had mentions that “The Vampire Stalker” was a younger YA novel, so upon reading this I had this thought in my head that these were tween girls. When I started reading it I had that thought it my head that they were young and naïve, but as Alexander and Amy started having more of a relationship I realized that Amy was actually my age, not a young girl. This book was addicting and I couldn’t get enough of it, one of my favorite 2011 books.
5/5 stars

3 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Great review. I am looking forward to this one. :0)

Jennifer_After_Dark said...

I like the sound of this one,,it would be like a fantasy come true,,for me,,hehe...as long as his name was "Bones" and he left Kat inthe book..lol great review,,definately went on my tbr pile..
thanks for sharing
jen

Anonymous said...

haha I know right!
I wish something like that would happen to me, if a hot guy came to life from one of my favorite books I think I would die lol

definitely wish situations like this happened in real life, but I guess thats why we read books, because while were reading its almost like were really there

Post a Comment


up