Miles from ordinary


title :miles from ordinary
author: Carol Lynch Williams
pages:197
publication date:March 15 2011

summary:Thirteen-year-old Lacey wakes to a beautiful summer morning excited to begin her new job at the library, just as her mother is supposed to start work at the grocery store. Lacey hopes that her mother's ghosts have finally been laid to rest; after all, she seems so much better these days, and they really do need the money. But as the hours tick by and memories come flooding back, a day full of hope spins terrifyingly out of control....



Review:
The cover really sucked me into this book; unfortunately I didn’t enjoy this book at all. Not only was this book creepy, I got annoyed at Lacey.

I don’t mind the creepiness at all. In fact I enjoy a few creepy books once in awhile, but this book did not hold my attention at all. The mother has a problem. I don’t know why Lacey didn’t tell anyone about it. She was very strong to be able to take care of her mom like that. She was mental.
Ever since Lacy’s mom found her dad hanging in the closet she has never gotten over it. Now after he has been dead for a couple of years, her mom still swears that she sees him and communicated with him.

Lacy’s aunt used to live in the house with them, until her mom kicked her out because her aunt was telling her mom that she could not see their dad, he was dead. Lacy and her aunt were very close, until her mom got a restraining order on her and Lacy never saw her aunt again. Although she could have called her any time she wanted, she never did. That’s what annoyed me. She could have kept in contact with her aunt. But instead never did, then when there was an emergency and she needed someone she called her aunt.

Obviously the family is messed up. What a life to live.

Thankfully this story was short; there were some parts where I was a little confused. Although I liked some parts of this book, I just couldn’t get into it. Sorry for all the rambling, this review is probably confusing. Carol Lynch Williams disappointed me this time. I loved her other book, The chosen one

2/5 stars

1 comments:

Myranda said...

I was looking forward to this one! Same here I love the cover...man now I don't know if I will read it :/

Post a Comment


up